Saturday, September 8, 2012

How to make a two sided fabric valance.

I bought this two sided fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $8.99, I could have done just one of the sides, but I really couldn't choose between the two because I loved them both! So I decided to try and make it so I could see both sides! :)
 I layed out the fabric and eyed how wide I wanted the top ruffle part to be and folded it two times toward the top.
 Then to make sure the top front didn't have any frayed ends; I tucked under the front about a half inch.
Then I put some pins at the very top and at the end of the folds to secure them in place.
 Here is what it looks like so far!
 I sewed a secure straight stitch all along the bottom fold and then a straight stitch just enough up so that it would fit the curtain rod through, about one inch and a half. (Eyed that, too)  Then I had to do a straight stitch at the very top, as close as I could to the end of the folded sides to secure it.
And that was all it took! About 20 min! The longest part was pinning! Love me new handmade valance that cost under $15.00! :) Let me know if you have any questions, hope the instructions were clear enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment